The Urban Studies Network is a two-year interdisciplinary Master of Urban Studies being developed at the VUB.
The strategic objective is to achieve an integrated education, with the centre of gravity in Brussels, which can attract students from different undergraduate (bachelor) courses and to ensure a diverse employment market in various fields of urban development.
The Masters programme will focus on research and analysis of contemporary city and urban phenomena, with an introduction to different fields and areas of expertise, with particular attention to connection, cross-linking and intermediary functions. It will therefore be customised education towards urban project management roles. The Master will combine a general basis master with educational projects aimed at particular practical fields and with direct contacts with cities in Belgium and Europe.
The groups which will offer courses here are:
- BRIO. Brussels Information, documentation and research centre (VUB)
- Cosmopolis – Centre for urban research (VUB)
- HOST. Centre for Historical Research on urban transformation processes (VUB)
- Interface Demography (VUB)
- SCRIM. Department of Criminology (VUB)
- SMIT. Studies on Media, Information and Telecommunication (VUB)
- STeR* Urban and Regional Planning (EhB)
- POLI. Department of Political Science (VUB)
- MOSI. Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Information Systems (VUB)