Mission and objectives
“To contribute to the further development of higher education in Europe from the European capital and this in a spirit of philosophical openness, tolerance and pluralism.”
The Brussels University Association conducts its policy in accordance with the provisions of art. II.11 of the Codex Higher Education (in dutch)
These can be briefly summarised as follows:
- the optimisation of the offer in the field of education, research as a service;
- the coordination between investment, student and personnel policy;
- guiding the academisation of the two-cycle courses in the colleges.
However, the scope of activities of the Brussels University Association goes beyond the obligations imposed by the decree. The UAB and its partners, the VUB and the EhB, are entering into an intensive and structured partnership in the education and study guidance, research, student policy, internationalisation, communication, IT, library and infrastructure fields to:
- achieve their missions as efficiently as possible;
- ensure a high quality of education with a personal approach and excellent groundbreaking research;
- strengthen and guarantee the relationship between the academic and professional courses;
- create strong roots in society in Brussels, Flanders and internationally based on a pluralistic and humanistic vision of man and society;
- achieve increased efficiency, cost savings and to be more competitive in the presence of other higher education institutions;
The academised college courses are being integrate into the university at the start of the 2013-2014 academic year. The Brussels University Association received the additional task to monitor the preparatory processes of the integration of the EhB courses into the VUB.
The Brussels University Association aims to:
- be a meeting platform for its partners, the VUB and the EhB;
- provide its partners with substantive, logistical and administrative support within each of the areas listed above;
- remain an important point of contact for the government within the Flemish Higher Education field, including with the establishment of new decrees;
- contribute to the further development of higher education in Europe from the European capital and this in a spirit of philosophical openness, tolerance and pluralism;
- to help its partner institutions the VUB and the EhB with the promotion of Brussels as a student city.